Telford Pet Sitting Services hereafter will be referred to as "the company".
During our initial visit we will collect/complete our information form & agreement for the company so that we may know as much as possible about your pet(s), their routines, habits and your preferences.
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted the company Services' terms and conditions (as laid out here) whether verbally or in writing. the company reserves the right to consider changes. the company undertakes to treat all data about clients, sitters, prospective clients and prospective sitters as strictly confidential unless all parties agree otherwise.
2. The company agrees to provide a sitter in accordance with the details provided by the client. This may include the care of all animals owned by the client, the maintenance of the home, plants and other requests by the client within reasonable limits. The client has the option to meet the sitter, discuss any queries and be satisfied with the suitability and integrity of the sitter provided.
3. The company will charge the client for the services as quoted. A non refundable deposit of 25% of the total sum due is payable to the company at the time of booking. The company will continue to provide services should the original sitter be taken ill or be unable to continue with care during a contracted period.
4. Should the client return early during a booking full fees are payable. Refunds will be considered at the company’s discretion.
5. Should the client be delayed on return the company will use its best endeavours to make alternative arrangements for continued cover even when the original sitter is unable to continue with care following the assignment end date.
1. We reserve the right to stop walking/visiting a dog if it shows aggression to people or dogs until training & socialisation has taken place
2. We reserve the right to either impose supplementary charges and/or terminate this agreement if, the assignment changes from the description given by the client and needs more time or responsibility or if there is a change of the nature of the assignment which could not have been reasonable foreseen by either party.
3. We will not be liable for any damage or injury caused by your dog excepting that of Third Party. There is always an hour window of time allowed to pick up and drop off your dog –i.e., a 10am pick up can mean 9am or 11am pick up.
4. We cannot be held liable for theft or damage to your property or injury/illness to your animals unless we can be show negligent.
5. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service because of safety or financial concerns.
6. Extreme weather conditions may mean a curtailment or cancellation of our service at short notice.
7. We will try to give 24hours notice if we cannot walk your dog.
8. If 48hrs notice is not given by the client of cancellation, we reserve the right to charge for the period..
9. We do not walk dogs during thunderstorms or extreme heat but will let your dog out to relieve themselves and keep them company indoors.
10. We cannot walk ill dogs or dogs known to have infection even on a one to one basis because of risk of cross infection.
1. Where services are required long-term clients are able to make payment on a monthly basis. Hereon in the payment term (weekly or monthly) will be referred to as the ‘Period’.
2. Regular walks/visits must be paid for prior to the booking period (weekly payers pay for a week and monthly payers pay for a month).
3. Cancellations must me made with 48 hours notice otherwise the full ‘Period’ fee remains billable.
4. The client is responsible for settling the company’s invoice for services 14 days prior to the commencement of the assignment, unless the services are booked at short notice in which case the client agrees to settle the invoice prior to the commencement of the assignment the company produce an invoice & where appropriate accept all payment types through the secure payment facilities of Paypal.
5. Where services are required long-term clients are able to make payment on a monthly basis.
6. Where payment is not received in accordance with these terms and conditions of business, the company reserves the right not to proceed with any previously agreed arrangements
7. The client is responsible for ensuring that the sitter is not placed in any avoidable or undue risk when entering into their home as recognised by the Health and Safety Executive.
8. In the event of cancellations which are notified to us 14 days prior to the start of the booking period, all fees less the non refundable deposit will be refunded or held over for subsequent bookings. If the required notice period is not given charges will be applied in full for the original booked period. If we are unable to proceed with a booking we shall contact the client immediately and return all fees
9. The client must complete a checklist prior to the commencement of a contract which includes primary responsibility and any other issues the client / sitter may have. In the event of continued service the client agrees to inform us of any changes since the previous booking should they not wish to complete another checklist.
10. Booking for home boarding and live in home sittings are charged at day rates not overnight rates. Arrival days are charged as full days and bookings after 11am on departure days incur a full days fee.
11. Bank Holidays also incur additional fees which you will be advised of at time of booking.
12. In the event of extreme inclement weather additional fees may be incurred whereby the sitters carries out travel or dog walking at an increased risk as recognised by the Health and Safety Executive. What is inhospitable weather? Temperatures below 40 degrees or above 80 degrees. Wind chill in winter & humidity in summer are also factored in. Any snow or ice are not considered acceptable conditions to be outside.
13. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment no charges will be applied for each trip.
14. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst any animals are in the care of the company.
1. All reasonable care is taken to ensure the integrity, suitability of the care provided. The company, to ensure piece of mind for our clients has Public liability insurance.
2. The Insurance only covers the sitter when working on an assignment from the company and for the duration and times of the selected service.
3. Where sitters are required to drive a client’s car, responsibility for the provision of the appropriate insurance cover rests with the client.
4. It is agreed that it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the property, its contents, and animals are adequately insured throughout the duration of the assignment.
5. The company can accept no liability for the loss or injury to any animal.
6. Please ensure you have confirmed on the checklist whether or not your dog can be walked off the lead.
1. Where exceptional work in addition to our services is required charges will be made accordingly depending on the level of skill required. Approximate quotations will be provided upon request by telephone and then a detailed quotation will be forwarded to the client.
2. A sitter may wish to have either a companion or spouse accompany them on an assignment at no additional costs to the client. This must be agreed with the client and companion/spouse will have been vetted by the company.
3. The company reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions of business and in doing so will post notification of changes on the website.
This document was published on 01st October 2015.